Xaar has defined 3 values which are vital to our business; each represents an area of essential importance to us. Their existence is intended to guide difficult decisions and shape behaviour. They are applicable to all of us in what we do.
Trust – We trust each other to deliver on our commitment and do our best for Xaar
Collaboration – We all work together, and with our partners, to achieve success
Drive – We are excited about our potential and put energy into everything we do
Purpose of Role:
The Equipment Engineering Team’s key responsibility is the upkeep of Operations production assets. You will assist the Equipment Engineering team in delivering a planned and responsive support service to Equipment.
Equipment Engineering Manager
- Ensure that effective preventative maintenance and breakdown assistance is performed on all process equipment so that it runs to maximum efficiency with minimal downtime
- Contributes to sourcing and purchasing spare parts for equipment, gathering data and costings where appropriate to ensure the shortest possible machine outages
- Writes reports and completes log books for all equipment modified to ensure traceability, on a what, where and when basis, and contributes to new and updated SOPs. Ensures All reports delivered in a timely manner and SOPs kept relevant and up to date
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Provide back up for the Facilities Management team where necessary to ensure minimum downtime
- Contribute to the generation of TPM standards and documentation within the Xaar production system
- And any other duties commensurate with the level of the role
- Technically competent and comfortable with being hands on
- Confident working autonomously and using own initiative
- Able to make decisions accordingly, plan own workload and prioritise appropriately
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure.
- Clean driving licence
- Possibly will be required to travel to attend specialist training courses to maintain and develop technical knowledge
- Committed to an environment of continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A background as a Service / Maintenance Engineer. Multi-skilled with an electrical bias
- Electronics qualified to HNC or HND or equivalent experience
- Prior working knowledge of Optical equipment (working with industrial lasers would be an advantage)
- Electrical/mechanical and PLC fault finding experience
- PC Controlled automated equipment experience essential
- Some facilities/production process background advantageous
- Microsoft Office (Excel) experience
- Computer Literate
- Experience using CMMS and PPM of production equipment
- TPM and OEE understanding
- Vacuum Deposition systems equipment experience would be an advantage
- Automated assembly and vision recognition systems would be an advantage
- 6 axis robotic handling systems is desirable
- Experience of working in a cleanroom and a Continuous Improvement environment
- Understanding of mobile work order processing and handling using tablet based system, is an advantage.