The slimline Xaar Head Personality Card 3 (Xaar HPC3) provides optimal and dependable data communication between a Xaar 1003 printhead and the remainder of the digital inkjet print management chain.
The Xaar HPC3 is designed to:
- Pass timing commands for print triggering to Xaar 1003 GS6, Xaar 1003 GS12 and Xaar 1003 GS40 printheads.
- Convert the print data received over the XSPI High Speed Link to the format required for the Xaar 1003 GS6, Xaar 1003 GS12 and Xaar 1003 GS40 printheads. The High Speed Link maintains low latency and reduces jitter.
- Provide control signals and voltage supplies to the Xaar 1003 GS6, Xaar 1003 GS12 and Xaar 1003 GS40 printheads. This ensures the correct power sequencing.
- Provide feedback from the printhead and Xaar 1003 HPC3 to the XPM and XUSB.
The XSPI cabling and interconnect are electrically compatible with the IEEE 1394 specification and is a cost effective solution.
The Power Supply Control block maintains sixteen (16) independently controllable power supplies for the drive channels embedded within the printhead.
- The narrow form factor (width) allows for flexibility in the design of the print bar. The Xaar HPC3 can be located directly above the printhead and accessed via the printhead aperture which means that maintenance is easy.
- A bi-coloured diagnostic LED provides an immediate indication of system, print and power status.
- The on-board temperature sensor can be used to ensure that the Xaar HPC3 is maintained within the recommended operating parameters.
- The Xaar HPC3 is available in 2 versions; the Xaar HPC3 supports the Xaar 1003 GS6 printhead, whilst the HPC3 HV, when combined with an external power supply, can be used with Xaar 1003 GS6, Xaar 1003 GS12 and Xaar 1003 GS40 printheads.
- The Xaar HPC3 connects directly to the Xaar XPM and XUSB drive electronics via the Xaar Serial Printhead Interface (XSPI). Power for the Xaar HPC3 is supplied by the same IEE1394 cable used to transport data to and from the XPM and XUSB; the Xaar HPC3 HV requires an external Power Supply Unit (PSU).