The Xaar Head Personality Card 2000 HV (Xaar HPC 2000 HV) provides optimal and dependable data communication between a Xaar 2001+, 2002 or Aquinox printheads and the remainder of the digital inkjet print management chain.
The Xaar HPC 2000 HV is designed to:
- Pass timing commands for print triggering to the Xaar 2001+, 2002 or Aquinox printheads.
- Convert the print data received over the Xaar Serial Printhead Interface (XSPI) High Speed Link to the format required for the Xaar 2001+, 2002 or Aquinox printheads. The High Speed Link maintains low latency and reduces jitter.
- Provide control signals and voltage supplies to the Xaar 2001+, 2002 or Aquinox printheads. This ensures the correct power sequencing.
- Provide feedback from the printhead and Xaar HPC 2000 HV to the Xaar Printhead Manager (XPM). The XSPI cabling and interconnect are physically compatible with the IEEE 1394 (Firewire) specification and are a cost effective cabling solution.
- The Power Supply Control block maintains 32 independently controllable power supplies for the drive channels embedded within the printhead, enabling voltage trimming in blocks of 64 nozzles for uniform drop volume and velocity.
- The narrow form factor (width) allows for flexibility in the design of the print bar. The Xaar HPC 2000 HV can be located directly above the printhead and accessed via the printhead aperture which means that maintenance is easy.
- Two diagnostic LEDs provide an immediate indication of system, print and power status.
- The Xaar HPC 2000 HV supports all variants of the Xaar 2001+, 2002 and Aquinox printheads for systems operating at up to 32 kHz*.
- The Xaar HPC 2000 HV connects directly to the Xaar Printhead Manager (XPM) via the Xaar Serial Printhead Interface (XSPI). An external 39V power supply is required to power the Xaar HPC 2000 HV. The power supply available from Xaar can power up to four Xaar HPC 2000 HV.
*For systems operating at frequencies above 32 kHz, we recommend using a third party solution like the HDC-H2000 from our partner Meteor.