The slimline Xaar Head Personality Card 1000 (Xaar HPC 1000) provides optimal and dependable data communication between a Xaar Nitrox or Xaar 1003 printhead and the remainder of the digital inkjet print management chain.
The Xaar HPC 1000 is designed to:
- Pass timing commands for print triggering to all variants of the Xaar Nitrox and Xaar 1003 printheads.
- Convert the print data received over the XSPI High Speed Link to the format required for the Xaar Nitrox or Xaar 1003 printheads. The High Speed Link maintains low latency and reduces jitter.
- Provide control signals and voltage supplies to the Xaar Nitrox or Xaar 1003 printheads. This ensures the correct power sequencing.
- Provide feedback from the printhead and Xaar HPC 1000 to the XPM.
The XSPI cabling and interconnect are electrically compatible with the IEEE 1394 specification and is a cost effective solution.
The Power Supply Control block maintains sixteen (16) independently controllable power supplies for the drive channels embedded within the printhead, enabling voltage trimming in blocks of 64 nozzles for uniform drop volume and velocity.
- The narrow form factor (width) allows for flexibility in the design of the print bar. The Xaar HPC 1000 can be located directly above the printhead and accessed via the printhead aperture which means that maintenance is easy.
- A bi-coloured diagnostic LED provides an immediate indication of system, print and power status.
- The Xaar HPC 1000 is available in 2 versions; the Xaar HPC 1000 supports the Xaar 1003 GS6 printhead, whilst the HPC 1000 HV, when combined with an external power supply, can be used with all versions of the Xaar 1003 and Xaar Nitrox printheads.
- The Xaar HPC 1000 connects directly to the Xaar XPM drive electronics via the Xaar Serial Printhead Interface (XSPI). Power for the Xaar HPC 1000 is supplied by the same IEEE 1394 cable used to transport data to and from the XPM; the Xaar HPC 1000 HV requires an external Power Supply Unit (PSU).