The Xaar 2001+ Head Personality Card (Xaar 2001+ HPC) provides optimal and dependable data communication between a Xaar 2001+ printhead and the remainder of the digital inkjet print management chain.
The Xaar 2001+ HPC is designed to:
Pass timing commands for print triggering to the Xaar 2001+ printhead
Convert the print data received over the Xaar Serial Printhead Interface (XSPI) High Speed Link to the format required for the Xaar 2001+ printhead. The High Speed Link maintains low latency and reduces jitter
Provide control signals and voltage supplies to the Xaar 2001+ printhead. This ensures the correct power sequencing
Provide feedback from the printhead and Xaar 2001+ HPC to the Xaar Printhead Manager (XPM). The XPSI cabling and interconnect are electrically compatible with the IEEE 1394 specification and are a cost effective solution.
The Power Supply Control block maintains sixteen (16) independently controllable power supplies for the drive channels embedded within the printhead.
- The narrow form factor (width) allows for flexibility in the design of the print bar. The Xaar 2001+ HPC can be located directly above the printhead and accessed via the printhead aperture which means that maintenance is easy.
- A bi-coloured diagnostic LED provides an immediate indication of system, print and power status.
- The on-board temperature sensor can be used to ensure that the Xaar 2001+ HPC is maintained within the recommended operating parameters.
- The Xaar 2001+ HPC supports all variants of the Xaar 2001+ printhead
- The Xaar 2001+ HPC connects directly to the Xaar Printhead Manager (XPM) via the Xaar Serial Printhead Interface (XSPI). An external 39V power supply is required to power the Xaar 2001+ HPC. The power supply available from Xaar can power up to four Xaar 2001+ HPCs.