Specialised internal and external coatings prevent corrosive and reactive functional fluids from ingressing and possibly damaging the printhead. This increases uptime and decreases maintenance frequency for a longer printhead life.
The Xaar 1003 AMx is perfect for small drop fluid deposition on an industrial scale and is capable of consistently jetting droplets as small as 6 pL for the production of fine features, patterns and coatings. The combination of highly accurate, small drops and unrivalled reliability enables the industrialisation of advanced manufacturing processes in sectors such as display, PCB, semiconductors and photovoltaics.
Many applications require tight regulation of coating thicknesses, precise patterns and management of substrate surface characteristics. The Xaar 1003 AMx combines highly accurate drop placement, consistent drop volume and high frequency jetting with variable drop size capability to deliver the precise fluid control essential for these processes.
Precise Fluid Control
The Xaar 1003 AMx is designed for applications where tight control of fluid deposition is required. It can repeatedly jet fluid volumes tuned to a 6 pL drop with an extremely high degree of accuracy:
- 1000 Optimised Geometry nozzles ensure precise jetting and consistent drop volume across the printhead, even with fluids with a high solids content, high viscosity or corrosive properties
- TF Technology® ensures even distribution of temperature across the printhead for consistent drop formation and uniform, repeatable fluid deposition
- Six greyscale levels allow the jetting of variable drop volumes within a single pattern to control coating thickness and can be used to counter optical effects such as banding and ‘Mura’.
The Xaar 1003 printhead is designed to deliver maximum production uptime with minimum operator intervention which ensures high production output and a fast return on investment.
- TF Technology™ (fluid recirculation) ensures continuous fluid flow at a high rate directly past the back of the nozzle during drop ejection. This means that fluids are in constant motion keeping particles evenly distributed in suspension and the nozzles primed, which radically improves reliability even in the most challenging of industrial applications
- Specialised internal and external coatings prevent corrosive and reactive functional fluids from ingressing and possibly damaging the printhead. This increases uptime and decreases maintenance frequency for a longer printhead life
- TF Technology™ ensures that the printhead is self-priming; therefore maintenance cycles are short and start-up is instantaneous
- Actuator performance in each printhead is optimised with Xaar’s Tuned Actuator Manufacturing. This process ensures full scalability with a simple and quick set up, streamlining printhead replacement, and achieves consistent print quality across long print bars with multiple printheads, at different greyscale levels.
The design of the Xaar 1003 AMx enables the use of a wide range of corrosive and reactive functional fluids. This is complemented by Xaar’s systems components which are optimised for the Xaar 1003 product family and ensure simple and rapid integration:
- The Xaar 1003 AMx can jet fluids with a broad viscosity range and TF Technology™ keeps the fluid in constant motion. This prevents sedimentation and nozzle blocking which is particularly important when using fluids with a high solids content, including metallic particulates
- The Xaar 1003 AMx is fully scalable to enable simple integration of multiple printheads into larger jetting arrays
- Xaar’s systems components, including the Xaar Print Manager (XPM) and Xaar’s Ink Supply Systems, are designed to optimise the performance of the Xaar 1003 AMx; they are also easy to configure and integrate, reducing time-to-market.
Xaar 1003 AMx
Print swathe width
Number of rows
Nozzle pitch (interleaved)
Nozzle density (nozzles per inch)
Print addressability (x,y)
|360 x 720 dpi|
Printhead weight (dry)
Solvent, UV, Oil
6 - 42 pL
Number of grey levels*
Up to 6
Typical firing frequency*
|125 x 30 x 60 mm|
* Dependent on fluid used and system integration