The Xaar 1003 AMp is perfect for very small drop fluid deposition on an industrial scale and is capable of consistently jetting droplets as small as 1 pL for the production of fine features, patterns and coatings. The combination of highly accurate, very small drops and unrivalled reliability enables the industrialisation of advanced manufacturing processes in sectors such as display, PCB, semiconductors and photovoltaics.
Many applications require tight regulation of coating thicknesses, precise patterns and management of substrate surface characteristics. The Xaar 1003 AMp combines highly accurate drop placement, consistent drop volume and high frequency jetting with variable drop size capability to deliver the precise fluid control essential for these processes.
Precise Fluid Control
The Xaar 1003
- Optimised Geometry nozzles ensure precise jetting and consistent drop volume across the printhead, even with fluids with a high solids content and/or high viscosity
- TF Technology™ ensures even distribution of temperature across the printhead for consistent drop formation and uniform, repeatable fluid deposition
- XaarDOT™ is used to optimise drop size, drop formation and fluid performance to achieve the ideal combination of quality and speed for each specific application
Greyscaleoperation allows the jetting of variable drop volumes within a single pattern to control coating thickness and can be used to counter optical effects such as banding and “Mura”.
The Xaar 1003 printhead is designed to deliver maximum production uptime with minimum operator intervention which ensures high production output and a fast return on investment.
- TF Technology™ (fluid recirculation) ensures continuous fluid flow at a high rate directly past the back of the nozzle during drop ejection. This means that fluids are in constant motion keeping particles evenly distributed in suspension and the nozzles primed, which radically improves reliability even in the most challenging of industrial applications
- TF Technology™ ensures that the printhead is self-priming; therefore maintenance cycles are short and start-up is instantaneous
- The Xaar 1003
AMprecovers quickly from mechanical shock so that production interruptions and operator intervention are minimised.
The design of the Xaar 1003
- The Xaar 1003
AMpcan jet fluids with a broad viscosity range and
TF Technology™ keeps the fluid in constant motion. This prevents sedimentation and nozzle blocking which is particularly important when using fluids with a high solids content, including metallic particulates
- The Xaar 1003
AMpis fully scalable to enable simple integration of multiple printheads into larger jetting arrays
- Xaar’s systems co mponents, including XUSB, HPC3, Midas and Hydra, are designed to optimise the performance of the Xaar 1003; they are also easy to configure and integrate, reducing time-to-market.
Print swathe width
Number of rows
Nozzle pitch (interleaved)
Print addressability (x,y)
|360 x 720 dpi|
Printhead weight (dry)
Ink and fluid type
Solvent, UV, Oil
Drop volume* (at 8 levels)
1 - 3 pL
Number of grey levels*
Up to 8
Typical firing frequency*
6 -12 kHz
|125 x 31 x 61 mm|
* Dependent on ink used and system integration