The Xaar 1201 is a Thin Film Piezo Silicon Micro Electrical Mechanical System (MEMS) technology printhead perfect for OEMs looking to design printers for banners, signage, Point-of-sale and textile applications because it delivers a high quality of print combined with high productivity and is easy to integrate; therefore time-to-market is minimised.
8 grey levels at 600 npi give an apparent resolution better than 1440 dpi
Capable of printing 1, 2 or 4 colours per printhead
- A gravity-fed ink system makes ink supply design simple and straightforward, reducing time-to-market
Best-in-class print quality
The new Xaar 1201 is a thin film piezo silicon MEMS printhead offering compelling advantages over competitor printheads for wide-format graphics and low productivity dye sublimation textile printing.
- The Xaar 1201 delivers a high print quality superior to other printheads in its class.
- Two printheads can be mounted inline to create a low cost 4 colour printer delivering 600 npi native resolution per colour
- Alternatively with just four printheads, OEMs can design printers with 1200 npi by 1200 npi native resolution.
The new Xaar 1201 incorporates a number of features which make it an extremely versatile printhead for textile, banners and POS applications.
- Can be configured to print 4 colours at 300 npi or 2 colours at 600 npi depending on the price-point and end user profile that OEMs wish to target
- Two pairs of interleaved rows means that OEMs have a choice of native resolution – the default resolution when running 4 colours is 300 npi. Running 2 colours per printhead takes advantage of the nozzle row pair pre-alignment to achieve 600 npi per colour.
Easy to integrateThe Xaar 1201 delivers simple integration for manufacturers looking for a flexible yet affordable printhead for wide-format graphics and textile printing.
- A single head can serve a complete 4 colour (CMYK) printer – making it easy to integrate mechanically, electrically and fluidicaly
- Electrical interfacing via a top mounted flexible flat cable ensures easy and accessible connection when mounted into a scanning printer. This gives better protection against ink ingress and possible damage compared with similar printheads.
Speak to an expert
The Xaar 1201 can jet dye sublimation, aqueous or eco-solvent ink. This makes it the printhead of choice for:
- Eco-solvent printers for wide-format graphics, with applications including banner printing, signage and POS
- Dye sublimation printers for textiles
- Aqueous printers for soft signage
Print swathe width
Number of rows
1, 2 or 4
Nozzle pitch (interleaved)
Nozzle density (NPI)
Printhead weight (dry)
Aqueous or eco-solvent
Number of grey levels
4 or 8