This policy (and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.xaar.com. This includes subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information, and when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If we (Xaar) cannot assist with your enquiry, we may pass your correspondence on to one of our partners if we believe they will be better placed to respond to your enquiry.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, download activity, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why:
||Data cookie holds
|Google Analytics||_utmz||6 months||Stores the type of referral information in a cookie
|||_utmc||Browser session||Information for determining visitor session
|||_utmb||30 minutes||Information for determining visitor session
|||_utma||2 years||Unique ID for identifying unique visitors
|White paper registration||count||Browser session||Counts the file download
|dotnet session cookie||ASP.NET_SessionId||Browser session||Session ID of user, used to store data relevant to the user for the duration of their browsing session
|Website cookie acceptance||xaar_cookie_flag||2 years||This cookie is used to remember if a user has already seen the cookies messages and it therefore does not need to be displayed again|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We also use your Information to:
• update our databases;
• maintain a technical support history;
• determine trends in your use of our products; which then aids in the design of new products and services;
• process your enquiries;
• measure the use of our sites;
• display materials on the appropriate Xaar website where you have uploaded materials for that purpose;
• to analyse materials you have uploaded and created for our own purposes and to collect and analyse information on how the website is being used (in accordance with the appropriate terms and conditions);
• to research and develop new services; and
• administer and improve the content of our sites and services
Responsive Communication / Support
We will often use your Information to respond to your requests, for example, if you email our customer support department we will return your email to respond to your query. Notwithstanding any unsubscribe election that you have made in respect of receiving marketing emails, you will still receive these emails since these are non-marketing emails. You can stop receiving these types of emails by requesting support email notifications are stopped. We do not recommend that you do this unless you plan to no longer use the relevant products or services, are not currently using our products or services / Xaar Websites and will have no need to receive further communications from us or through our system.
We will use your Information in order to administer any Xaar events your register to attend, and may need to pass your Information to our event partners for the purposes of effectively running such events. For example, Our event partners may use your Information to help organise the event or help us register attendees at the event, schedule meetings at the event and administrate an application for the event.
Recruitment / Careers site
We collect information when you submit online applications for the jobs advertised on the Xaar websites. We will use your Information to process your application and may pass your information to third parties to conduct further screening of your Information and to process the application you submit. We will not process your information further except in accordance with the recruitment process.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may, from time to time, send you email or direct mail regarding our products and services. You have the right to request us to not use your Information for marketing communications. You can ‘opt out’ of receiving electronic communications by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any such electronic communication or through following the “opt out” instructions provided in any marketing communications, or by adjusting your subscription settings for your account.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.