Working at Xaar: My student placement8 August 2016Categories: Working at Xaar
Having never considered IP as a career option before, my eight weeks at Xaar may have completely changed my future career path leading into the final year of my degree. I’ve really enjoyed being able to work in engineering while having the added diversity of the legal elements as well.
- 1 June 2016 The number one talking point at Ceramics China 2016 has been "Polished Tiles". These are hard wearing, high gloss tiles that are used in commercial heavy "traffic" locations such as shopping malls and public buildings. There is a healthy market for these tiles in China and India.The majority of polished tiles are still produced using traditional techniques and since the process is relatively unsophist
- 8 December 2015 InPrint is the only print show to cover all industrial printing areas under one roof. For Xaar, this is a great opportunity to demonstrate our expertise across multiple vertical markets where Xaar’s technology is used as part of the production process and to show our exceptional range of printheads for the growing needs of a highly diverse printing industry. In its second year, the show was held at Munich Tradefair Centr
- 28 October 2015 There isn't a day goes by without another shower of innovative applications around 3D printing hitting the press. From printing human tissue to the growing number of components built into the latest commercial airliners, there is now an incredible array of applications from the seven core technologies that sit under the 3D Printing umbrella.3D printing maybe everywhere, but it’s still limited by the time it takes to print la
- 13 October 2015 Labelexpo (Brussels, 29 September-2 October) is the biggest annual event for the label and packaging printing industry and alternates between Brussels and Chicago. The event showcases everything to do with the label industry, and offers a unique opportunity for promoting a range of label printing machinery and technology. In particular this year there was a real excitement and buzz around the show for digital and in particular
- 2 March 2015 In mid-February Xaar visited Cevisama, Spain's design show for the ceramics sector and the place to discover the latest trends for ceramic tiles. Although the demand for tiles produced with a natural material effect such as wood, marble and stone is set to continue, there is a stunning new trend for creating even more amazing textures which combine these natural looks with modern over-patterns.Tile manufacturers conti
- 20 February 2015 One of the main challenges that customers have when they invest in new digital inkjet technology is understanding how a component such as a new printhead will interact with their existing machine set-up. Customers don’t always have in-depth product knowledge or digital implementation experience so they come to us for advice and support to help make it work for them.As a sales engineer my job as the technical point of co