Categories: Ceramics, Events
18 October 2017
Latest trends at Cersaie 2017
We walked through the 18 halls looking at booth after booth displaying the most beautiful designs from traditional through to ultra-modern. Many of the design trends coming through for 2018 are developments of themes seen last year.
- Natural stone is still a major tile design theme. The reproduction of the natural materials continues to get better and better as new techniques are employed (such as for re-creating texture, or shimmering colours and patterns).
- Abstract geometries were also very evident at the show; designs with triangles, squares, hexagons, or rectangles blended with bright colours producing contemporary bold patterns.
- Fusion designs are still on trend, for example combining traditional designs with modern, abstract patterns
- The rustic and distressed look has been evident for the last 12-18 months and designs for next year will include mimicking chipped enamels and grated surfaces.
Our three take-aways for 2018 tile designs:
- The XL slabs are being produced in ever larger sizes and when decorated with exquisite marble effects have a dramatic impact on any space.
- Vintage-style designs inspired by designs from yesteryear - 1950s retro - designs will be a feature of 2018.
- New “fabric finishes” – tiles decorated to look like woven fabrics incorporating very fine thread detail.
Xaar’s inkjet printheads can be used to print all of these designs with ease